A bikini body is a year-round commitment, so don’t fall off the wagon with one short summer trip. With these tips you will feel proud and healthy and, we think, have an even more spectacular trip.
LESSON 1: EARN YOUR DESSERT.
Enjoy where you are, see the sights and … burn calories!
- Book your hotel 1/4 to 1/2 mile away from the restaurants, shops and night life at your vacation destination. This will give you a built-in walk a few times a day. Often nothing feels better then a walk on a full stomach!
- Walk on the beach. The sand offers a perfect surface – easy on your joints and extra calories burned! Feel free to get creative – use a water bottle or two to add resistance to your stride or to do bicep curls and tricep extensions. Vary your intensity to work in some quick and easy intervals. Intervals will boost your heart rate and maximize your time.
- Walk in the water. The added resistance from the water will increase your burn and keep you cool.
Cool off, play and … burn calories.
- Lap swimming is an excellent total body workout with virtually no impact on your body. You don’t need special shoes or clothes, just a bathing suit. Maximum benefit comes from swimming fast and long enough to get your heart rate up, but any type of movement is better than nothing. It all counts.
- Tread water while you chat – you can even do this while you sip on your cocktail!
- Hold onto the side of a pool for some leg kicks. Kick behind to target your glutes or to the side to work your adductors.
Use your resources
Find the time, work with what you see … burn calories!
- If your hotel has a gym – use it. If you looking for a break from the gym, see if your destination offers any organized fitness activities. A lot of resorts offer water aerobics, yoga on the beach or
scenic hikes. These are all a great ways to get your heart rate up, meet new people, explore a new place in a unique way and never lose the vacation vibe. Don’t forget, snorkeling and learning to surf count as fitness activities.
- Pushups, crunches, tricep dips, squats and lunges can all be done with little space and no equipment. These exercises also target most major muscle groups so are efficient. In other words, you can do them fast and get on with your day.
- A night of dancing. Need we say more?
Filed Under :