Identical twins Danielle and Chantelle Dwomoh-Piper, who originally hail from Ghana, are the creative team behind both a fashion and a jewelry line. Danielle is the creative visionary for the fashion line Kastle Designs, and Chantelle is the innovative designer of the accessories line Treasure Chest.
Kastle Designs consist of flirty fabrics, bold prints and fun colors and silhouettes. Treasure Chest is a line of handmade jewelry with an emphasis on funky colors and shapes — all made with natural stones, gems and crystals.
- What is the must-have item from each collection that a fashionista needs in her wardrobe?
- Danielle: A sequined dress.
- Chantelle: Long chain earrings.
- Danielle: Angelic, flirty, confident.
- Chantelle: Gorgeous, precious, elegance.
- Danielle: We are currently selling in the department store Limelight in New York and a store in Soho. We look forward to branching out into other major department stores.
- Chantelle: We look forward to establishing an international presence. We currently sell in Brazil. We would also love to open our own boutique.
- Danielle: I’m a huge fan of Chanel,Alexander McQueen and Christian Dior.
- Chantelle: Oscar de la Renta,Christian Lacroix and Schiaparelli.
- Chantelle: Kastle Designs and Treasure Chest are based in the Big Apple, NewYork City.
- Danielle: A dream becomes reality when you go for it. If fashion is your passion, it’s achievable.
- Chantelle:There is nothing better to do than something you enjoy in life.
What are three words that describe Kastle Designs and Treasure Chest?
Where do you hope to see Kastle Designs and Treasure Chest in the future?
Growing up, which designers had a great influence on your style?
Where is the home base for Kastle Designs and Treasure Chest?
What advice would you have for upcoming designers/entrepreneurs from Africa or the Caribbean?
Filed Under :