1 cup cold water
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup vegetable shortening and ¼ cup butter mixed together
1 egg yolk, beaten
2 teaspoons of parsley
2 chopped shallots
½ medium size green bell pepper diced
½ medium size red bell pepper diced
1 chopped garlic clove
1 lbs pound ground beef, seasoned
1 tablespoon of beef or broth
Hot pepper to taste
1. Pound to paste the parsley, pepper, shallot, and garlic.
2. Add seasoning paste, diced bell peppers and broth to cooked beef and mix well.
3. Cook covered on medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir constantly.
4. Uncover until liquids are absorbed and meat cooked. Now filling is ready.
2. PUFF PASTRY
5. Place flour in a large mixing bowl and make a whole in the center. Pour in water and salt. Mix lightly with a spoon without kneading. Place dough in refrigerator 30 minutes.
6. Roll the dough into a rectangle ¼ inch thick. Spread half the shortening mix on the dough. Fold one side over the middle and spread this section with the remaining shortening. Fold over the remaining section and again roll out to ¼ inch thickness. Fold again into thirds and roll out. Repeat this rolling process a third time. Refrigerate dough overnight.
7. Roll the dough to about ½ inch thickness. Cut the dough into 2 ½ inch rounds.
8. Place a tablespoonful of beef on one side of the dough rounds. Fold and lightly press ends together. Place the patties on a baking sheet. Cover with remaining rounds, pressing the edges down. Brush the tops and edges of the patties with egg yolk before placing in the oven. Place a pan of water on the bottom rack of the oven.
9. Bake at 400 F 30 minutes, then turn the oven control to 300 F and bake 20 minutes, or until golden brown.