Mothers know to-do lists. They have lists in their pocketbooks, on their fridges, and usually in their husbands’ hands.
With Haiti’s Mother’s Day around the corner, Amour Creole has drafted a to-do list and a deadline for each mother. Items must be crossed off the list before next Mother’s Day and we at Amour Creole would love to hear your experiences as you cross off your Mother’s Day to-do list. Email us your stories and photos at email@example.com.
- At-home spa: Get a massage. Get a facial. Get pampered. We understand money is tight ladies, so create an at-home spa. Invite your girlfriends and daughters over and tell each invitee to bring a treatment like a facial scrub or a pedicure accessory. Make sure to also pick up a head scratcher like Head Trip, which is priced at $10 at www.thehappycompany.com. Those metal wires will leave a trail of tingles from your head to your toes.
- Be spontaneous: Log onto www.livingsocial.com or www.groupon.com to check out the deal of the day in your community and no matter what the deal is – do it! You may find yourself sky-diving, horseback riding or wine tasting.
- Girls trip to an old haunt: Pack up the car with your closest buddies and a cooler of goodies and set off to one of your favorite childhood haunts – we’re thinking arcade, water park or a roller skating rink. We trust you will be acting like giggly teenagers in no time.
- Learn one new thing this year: Carve out some time each week to learn a new hobby, whether it’s a dance class, pottery, a new language, Japanese cooking or tennis – it’s time to invest in new interests. The new hobby will likely provide a stress relief, and could lead to new friendships and renewed confidence. Check out community recreational programs for low prices on cultural and athletic classes.
- Beauty treatments: Beauty maintenance shouldn’t stop after birthing children or starting your career. So call a local beauty or vocational school and let their students pamper you with pedicures, manicures, hair styling and facials for a fraction of salon prices. Though our to-do list only demands one visit before next Mother’s Day, we have a hunch you’ll be a regular customer at your local beauty school.
Filed Under :