1 lime peel
1 Tsp of Vanilla (Haitian Vanilla)
1 stick of cinnamon
1 dash of grated nutmeg
1 liter of milk
1 can of condensed milk
40g of Cocoa powder
1 Tsp of Maizena
½ cup of water
- Add the water, lime peel and cinnamon in a pan when boil, lower the heat
- Add both milks and mix well with a wooden spoon until it simmers.
- To the side, dilute the cocoa powder with some hot milk and add to the pan, continue to stir while making sure that you that the milk does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Mix the Maizena with some water and add to the chocolate mixture, whip the mixture with energy to eliminate lumps. It should start to thicken, at this point you should continue with stirring the mixture to avoid burning.
- Let boil in order for the Maizena to be fully cooked and reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 12 minutes by continuous stirring.
- When finished, through a sieve, remove the cinnamon and the lime peel, serve hot.